Michigan bail bonds and criminal lawyers; the two professions go hand in hand when in trouble with the law. In this article we will point out the differences in running away or being able to help you walk out of any jail in Michigan using our professional bail bonds.
If you are scared, nervous and don’t know where to turn when it comes to your freedom, we suggest you contact a qualified criminal lawyer the moment you discover you may be in legal trouble. We also suggest you contact a quality bail bond company like us, All American Bail Bond Agency of Michigan can help walk you through the warrant process and help to get rid of the warrant and possibly keeping the costs down as well.
You simply cannot go through life with a warrant hanging over your shoulder. It limits your movement, travel and may at times make you paranoid about people you come in contact with. Not to mention every car on the highway is a potential police car just waiting to pull you over.
I don’t think I have to go into detail about what happens when you apply for a new mailing address, or try to get a license in another state… that information can be researched if you have an open warrant by an officer who does their job and always gets their man, or woman.
This is a digital age, and there is no hiding from the long arm of the law. Cameras are everywhere; banks report to government agencies and you may run out of options when you run out of money.
Some Things to Think About if You Run
If you decide to run away from your legal problems, there are some things you need to consider:
- If you have children, won’t you have to register them in school? Will they tell other children you are wanted?
- If you are married or have a girlfriend do you fight? Will he or she call the law on you to prove a point?
- If you have a crappy car and it breaks down on the highway, will the police pull over to check on you?
- Do you have a tail light out on your car? How do you know… until you get pulled over?
- You also need to say goodbye to friends and loved ones. If you are on the run and you contact them, they will have to report the conversation or they can be arrested and charged with aiding and abetting.
- You have some money but don’t know if it will last you… forever?
- Did you know some warrants are forever?
- If you think you got away with a crime due to the statute of limitations, have you researched the word “tolling”?
It’s true, some warrants are forever. If a warrant has not yet been issued and you are waiting for the statute of limitations to run out, think again. Tolling may exist if there are circumstances to your crime. This explained by Wikipedia:
Tolling is a legal doctrine which allows for the pausing or delaying of the running of the period of time set forth by a statute of limitations. Certain traditional conditions will toll a statute of limitations if the Defendant is not physically present in a state.
About your warrant, think of it this way, you may be able to run away with thousands of dollars in your pocket (if you’re lucky). But if you took that money and instead spent it on a quality criminal lawyer and our bail bond system here in Michigan, you would be free faster than you expect. You also wouldn’t have to worry about your family as much as you would when the courts double your bond and add more charges to your record for running off.
Simply put, it’s our opinion that it’s best to take care of any warrant to show the court you aren’t a flight risk and stand ready and willing to fight your charges. We will write any bond in Michigan at any time of day or night. If you don’t have transportation we will come to you, no questions asked.
Please contact us to find out more information about a Michigan bail bond and self turn in for you, your family member, friend or loved one.