Making Bail When You Need It
You cannot make bail without first contacting a licensed bail bonds agent. Trust the experience and expertise of the professionals at All American Bail Bonds Agency to write and execute your bail bonds and bail you out fast. There is no bail amount that we are not prepared to assist you with across much of the state of Michigan.
Our capable and courteous staff is available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about making bail in Detroit and most of Michigan. All American Bail Bond Agency is the clear choice for all of your bail bond needs.
What Do I Need to Know About Bail Bonds?
There are two important items to remember when posting bail. The first is the monetary amount of the bond set by the court, and the second is the manner in which you may post a bond.
The manner in which you may post a bond can take several forms:
- Personal Recognizance: No monetary amount needs to be posted in order to be released. Typically “PR” bonds are reserved for the least severe misdemeanor offenses.
- Cash/Surety: The defendant must post the full bail amount or contract a bond agent who guarantees a surety to the court.
- 10%: The offender needs only to pay ten percent of the bail amount.
Bail amounts and conditions are not set in stone, and may be revised either by the judge or can be challenged by the defendant.
Factors that influence the monetary amount and conditions of bail:
- prior criminal history
- record of appearance or nonappearance in court proceedings
- history of addiction or substance abuse
- mental condition of the defendant
- gravity of the offense
- probability of conviction
- employment status
- defendant’s ties to the community
The primary concern of courts, when determining the amount and conditions of bail, is whether or not the defendant will return to the court to stand trial for the crime they stand charged with committing. Therefore, it is helpful to have a friend or family member present to vouch for you in front of the judge. In addition, bringing paperwork regarding employment or medical conditions can also impact the decision of the judge or magistrate.
Reliable Bondsmen Across Michigan
Once your bail has been set by the court, contact a licensed bond agent to begin the bail process and be released from the custody of local law enforcement. At All American Bail Bond Agency, we understand that bail is your constitutional right, and that you may have questions regarding how it applies to you. Our bondsmen are available anytime to discuss your bail bonds options and can assist you in getting out of jail in Detroit and most of Michigan. All American Bail Bond Agency is veteran owned, and can ensure you spend as little time in jail as possible.