Bail Company in Presque Isle

bail company presque isle

Are you looking for bail bonds in Presque Isle, Michigan? Do you know what type of bond you are dealing with? Were the charges against you or a loved one related to a misdemeanor or a felony? Is this a first offense and arrest? It is OK if you do not know the specifics of the situation at the moment. The judicial system and the processes dealing with bail can be complicated, meaning that if you need help, ask for it. Many professionals are willing to answer any questions you might have.

For many people, the idea of bail bonds and the varying types is too much to handle, especially if this is a first offense. However, understanding bond types do not have to be complicated, as most bonds can be broken down into one of five categories.

Personal Recognizance

The first type of bond is the easiest to understand, and that is a personal recognizance bond. These bail types are typically reserved for nonviolent and first-time offenders. Mainly, a personal recognizance bond means that your bail will not cost you anything. All a defendant has to do is sign a document promising to appear for their scheduled court dates. While usually reserved for minor misdemeanors, a defendant can ask the judge to allow character witnesses at their bail hearing to persuade or convince a judge they are not a flight risk or a danger to the community.

Cash 

While a bail bondsman in Presque Isle might be the most affordable way for people to pay their bail, especially if they cannot afford to pay out-of-pocket, cash is always an option. However, it is necessary to know that cash means cash, not checks or credit cards. The court requires a cash payment for a cash bond. While not an option for everyone, you will see most of this money returned if you attend all of your trial dates, regardless of the verdict. Although, keep in mind that you will likely be out some money for court costs and fees.

Property

Unlike cash bonds, a property bond will leave you whole at the end of your trail. However, there are more risks involved in this type of transaction. For a property bond, the court will require a deed, current tax statements, property assessments showing fair market value and a current mortgage statement. Also, if there are two owners of the property, then both must sign a contract stating that the property can be used to finance the bond. The most considerable risk comes into play if the defendant fails to appear for their scheduled court date. If the charged person fails to appear, then the court can foreclose on the property and collect on the bond after foreclosure proceedings.

10%

Before seeking out a bail company in Presque Isle, you can discuss the option of a 10% bond. With this agreement, a court may accept only 10% of the full bail amount as a guarantee that the defendant will appear for their scheduled court dates. However, if the person fails to appear, then the court will demand the rest of the payment, meaning the remaining 90%.

Surety

Finally, no matter your bail amount, you can search for a bail bond agent and secure a surety bond. This bond type is more of a loan. Mainly, you reach out to a bail bond company and request assistance in securing the pretrial release of yourself or a loved one. The bond company will then require a nonrefundable fee of around 10%. Once they receive this payment, they will contact the courts and make arrangements for release.

A reputable bail bond agency in Presque Isle will help you understand your options for paying bail. Contact the All American Bail Bond Agency at (586) 770-7411 for all of your Michigan bail concerns.

Top

Don’t Hesitate, Call Now!

586-770-7411
Call Now Contact Now