Of course we know there have to be laws in place to help regulate society. But with all the laws that have been passed over time, you would probably wonder if all the laws are still applicable today. Here are a few laws in the state of Michigan that could be considered a bit unusual.
- A person that is 12 years or older can possess a license for a firearm as long as they have not been convicted of a felony.
- If a robber is hurt on your property, they can file a lawsuit.
- In Detroit, it’s against the law to scowl at a woman.
- It’s illegal to serenade your girlfriend.
- It is illegal to throw an abandoned hoop skirt on the sidewalk or street. Violators will be fined $5.
- It’s illegal to use profanity in front of women or children.
- In Rochester, all bathing suits have to be inspected by head of police.
- Pigs can not roam freely unless they have a ring in their nose.
- To destroy an old radio is illegal in Detroit.
- You can not paint sparrows and sell them as parakeets.
As you can see, there a few laws that are a bit outdated, to say the least. But as humorous or unlikely as they may seem, they are real laws. So if you ever find yourself violating ANY type of law, old, or new, you’re likely to be arrested, jailed, and in need of bail services. If you or someone you know is ever in need of bail bond assistance, don’t hesitate to give All American Bail Bond Agency a call at 855-264-2245.