Domestic Violence Bail
Domestic violence is a sensitive and complex issue, and being charged with an instance of domestic violence can be stressful and challenging. Our professional staff can help reduce the frustrations and anxiety surrounding your charge by providing you the information you need to make bail.
We will ensure that your bond is handled tactfully and that you won’t spend any more time in jail than the law requires. The experts at All American Bail Bond Agency can write your domestic violence bail in Detroit and make this process as convenient for you as possible.
How is Domestic Violence Categorized?
Michigan designates domestic violence as either a misdemeanor or a felony depending on whether or not the accused has a history of domestic violence and the severity of the violence committed during the incident the defendant is currently charged with.
- First Offense: Misdemeanor, 93 days jail time and/or $500 fine
- Second Offense: Misdemeanor, 1 year jail time and/or $1,000 fine
- Third Offense: Felony, 2 years in prison and/or $2,500 fine
Aggravated domestic assault is a more egregious form of domestic violence where the victim receives serious injuries that require medical attention and has its own set of punishments.
- First Offense: Misdemeanor, 1 year jail time and/or $1,000 fine
- Second Offense: Felony, 2 years in prison and/or $2,500 fine
What is Domestic Violence?
Instances of domestic violence include differing gradations of violence against family or household members, or any significant other, such as:
- attempting or causing physical harm
- causing the reasonable fear of harm
- attempting or causing another to participate unwillingly in sexual activity by the threat or use of force, or duress
- participating in an activity that causes one to feel threatened
Who May Commit Domestic Violence?
A family or household member is considered:
- current spouses
- former spouses
- persons living in the same residence
- persons participating in dating or sexual relationships
- person related by birth or marriage
- persons who have a child together
- a minor child of any of the above categories
Call Us Now to Make Bail Fast
Regardless of your domestic violence charge, the trained and courteous bondsmen at All American Bail Bond Agency can provide you the information and services that you need to make bail now. There is no bond amount that our staff is not prepared to assist you with. When you get arrested, you need time as a free person to work on your case. Call us now to learn more about how we can get you out of jail and write your domestic violence bail in Detroit and the surrounding area.