Drug Offense Bond
Being arrested for a drug offense can be intimidating, and the complications arising from it can be harrowing. Allow the licensed bond agents at All American Bail Bond Agency to minimize your stress and assist you by writing your bail and getting you home today. There is no bond amount that we can’t cover. Get your drug offense bond in McComb, MI, and most of Michigan, from the bail bond experts at All American Bail Bond Agency to get out of jail fast.
Michigan’s Drug Laws and Schedules
Many people consider Michigan to be one of the toughest in the nation on drug offenses in terms of the penalties the state levies against those who violate its drug statutes. The punishment given by the court is contingent upon the type and amount of substance that you are found in possession of. Courts have developed a schedule that divides drugs into different categories and assigns penalties that correspond to each substance. These penalties can vary based on prior criminal history as well as the amount of drugs you have in your possession at the time of your arrest. Distribution and/or manufacture will drastically increase the severity of your sentence.
The schedules are set so that Schedule I drugs are categorized as the most dangerous and have no recognized medical use. Subsequent schedules consist of drugs that have more recognized medical uses and are less dangerous.
- Schedule I: Ecstasy, LSD, Heroin, Peyote, Hallucinogenic Mushrooms, GHB, Marijuana
- Schedule II: Cocaine, Opium. Morphine, Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Methadone, Methamphetamine
- Schedule III: Ketamine, Morphine (lower strength), Hydrocodone diluted with acetaminophen
- Schedule IV: Valium, Rohypnol, Xanax
- Schedule V: Cold medicine with ephedrine, Cough syrup with Codeine
Penalties For Violating Controlled Substance Statutes
Possession of Schedule I or II drugs have varied consequences based on the amount of drugs in your possession.
- 25-50 grams: 4 years in prison and $25,000 fine
- 50-450 grams: 20 years in prison and $250,000 fine
- 450-1,000 grams: 30 years in prison and $500,000 fine
- Over 1,000 grams: life in prison and $1,000,000 fine
Other Penalties For Violating Controlled Substance Statutes
- Possessing Ecstasy or Methamphetamine in Michigan results in a $15,000 fine and 10 years in prison
- Possessing any amount of Marijuana can lead to a penalty that exceeds 1 year in jail and a $2,000 fine
- Possessing any amount of any drug in a public park results in no more than 2 years in prison
- If you don’t have any prior drug-related offenses on your record, judges can suspend your sentence in favor of probation
- There is a mandatory life sentence for anyone convicted of possessing or distributing a schedule I or II controlled substance of more than 50 grams
Just because you’ve gotten arrested on a drug charge doesn’t mean you don’t have the right to post bail. If you have any questions about getting your drug offense bond in McComb, MI, call the professionals at All American Bail Bond Agency to learn more and get bailed out now.