Make DUI Bail
Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol has serious legal consequences that can cause a great deal of anxiety. Don’t add to your stress, call the reliable and skilled bondsmen at All American Bond Agency to make bail quickly and with as little frustration as possible. Our experience and expertise make us perfect for any bond that you may need, and we never close, so we are always available to bail you out. Get the DUI bail in McComb, MI and northern Michigan you need now by calling the bail bonds specialists at All American Bail Bond Agency.
What Constitutes DUI?
While most states classify driving a motor vehicle after having used drugs or alcohol as DUI or DWI, Michigan has a different set of standards. Similar to DUI or DWI, Michigan refers to their alcohol and drug related driving offenses in terms of OWI (Operating Motor Vehicle While Intoxicated).
There are several subcategories of OWI that an individual may be charged with:
- OWVI (Operating While Visibly Impaired): The functional ability of the driver to operate his or her motor vehicle was affected by the drugs or alcohol in his or her system to the point where the driver’s ability to drive safely is evidently altered.
- OWI (Operating While Intoxicated): OWi can be categorized in three fashions. 1) The driver consumed alcohol or drugs and the alcohol or drugs significantly lessened the ability of the driver to operate a motor vehicle safely. 2) A chemical assessment concludes that you had a bodily alcohol content (BAC) of .08 or greater. 3) A chemical analysis establishes that your BAC was equal to or greater than .17 results in a charge of “High BAC OWI.”
- OWPD (Operating With any Presence of a Schedule I Drug or Cocaine): Having any traces of a Schedule I controlled substance or cocaine in your system while driving is illegal regardless if the driver is impaired.
- Zero Tolerance (Under Age 21 Operating With Any Bodily Alcohol Content): It is illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to purchase, possess, or consume any amount of alcohol. Therefore, drivers under the age of 21 with a measurable BAC of .02 or greater are in violation of Michigan law.
- The Implied Consent Law makes it so that if you are suspected of OWI but refuse to submit to a chemical test to establish your BAC then your license is automatically suspended for one year.
What Penalties May the Court Levy?
- License suspension
- Completion of a rehabilitation program
- Jail time
All American Bail Bond Agency is veteran owned and can help you make DUI bail in McComb, MI and northern Michigan. Learn more by speaking with one of our courteous and informed staff members today.